Mars Wrigley Confectionery is the world’s leading manufacturer of chocolate, chewing gum, mints, and fruity confections.
The Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist role undertakes the SQA process with suppliers to pro-actively ensure Supplier Quality Systems are in place to meet MARS Q&FS standards and enable the delivery of materials to MARS sites. Working as part of the Commercial Supplier Quality Assurance team, the job holder will be developing new and existing suppliers (focus Dairy), to deliver growth and commercial targets while ensuring they meet the Mars Global Quality standards. A key requirement of the job is to continuous review and drive improvement of these standards through supplier auditing, risk management and influencing the supplier base to continuous improve their quality performance. The relationship with internal clients is critical to this role to understand the needs of the business and the technical requirements for raw materials.
- Assessment and confirmation of supplier capability to meet MARS Quality standards by supplier risk assessment, SQA audit, review of analytical data, verifying supplier hazard controls are operating effectively to ensure all quality, food safety and legal risks associated with raw materials, their storage and transport are robustly managed.
- To lead supplier audits, representing Mars in a professional way, motivating suppliers and building technical partnerships to deliver against the SQA quality performance measures.
- Support the supplier to address gaps in Q&FS capability and suggest improvement areas to develop suppliers to meet the right Quality standards.
- Resolve raw materials related technical/quality non-conformances through thorough root cause analysis and defining corrective and preventive actions with the supplier and good follow-through.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Food Science / Technology, Chemistry or Microbiology.
- Holding a Lead Auditor certicate is a requirement.
- 2+ year supplier auditing experience.
- Experience in facilitation & leading technical work-streams (with suppliers).
- Proven record of problem solving ability using scientific knowledge & principles.
- Good understanding of raw material conversion processes.
- Experience in Dairy preferable or similar raw material production environments.
- Temporary contract via Nutri-akt, at least until end of the year (with option to extend).
- Salary indication between € 3600 – € 4000 a month.