With its headquarters located in Auckland New Zealand, Fonterra is a Cooperative owned by almost 11,000 New Zealand dairy farmers and is the world’s leading exporter of dairy products.
The European office of Fonterra Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands and employs around 70 people in a diverse and international team within the following key business teams: Management & HR, Finance, Sales, Operations, Commodities, Paediatric Nutrition, Quality Assurance, Technical & Development and Marketing.
Our location in the mature dairy market of Europe allows us to support the strategy and needs of Fonterra globally through the sale of commodities & advanced nutrition ingredients, access to regional expertise and knowledge and the creation of value add partnerships
The Quality System amd Operational Lead plans a lead role in managing and continually enhancing the core grading, exception management and complaint process for all product sourced in Europe. Maintaining good working relationships and clear communication with our partners critical for efficacy in this role
The Quality System and Operational Lead is responsible for 4 key areas:
- Key contact for all product grading and release in Europe. Efficient review and management of the process
- Manage and enhancement of grading data with supply partners and external laboratories. Constructive, proactive communication is key over this factual data base to truly be successful and efficient in running an efficient grading process
- Investigate options by internal and external laboratories for routine & non-routine analysis and testing for product samples and raw materials
- Communication with external laboratory for analyse methods
- Prepares dispatches and documents samples for customers, laboratory and third parties
- Responsible for the quality system and documentation of the laboratory and supporting processes; in relation to product related analyses
- Liaises with the Quality Coordinator to analyse complaints in order to refine QA/QC testing methods or sample size
- Oversee the complaints log ensuring strong ownership and delivery within the team
- Engage with the suppliers, where required, related to results/testing and root cause
- To maintain all records and filing of key information related to complaints
- Support the Sales team, SOE’s and Sourcing with the QA, T & FS Manager in management of Quality complaints to ensure that complaints are minimized and resolved, and quality levels are maintained in the most efficient and cost effective manner
Quality and Compliance
- Support the QA, Technical & Food Safety Manager with managing the approval process for third party products/suppliers/laboratory ensuring associated documentation complies with Fonterra requirements / standards and regional legislation
Continuous Improvement and Teamwork
- Share best practise and promote flexibility and efficiency within the QA, Technical & Food Safety Team by identifying ongoing opportunities for improvement
- Contribute to project initiatives and other departmental activities indicated by the QA, Technical & Food Safety Manager
- Participate in improvement projects and quality assurance projects
- Experience in the Food Safety and Quality area
- Experience in food manufacturing environments (food or pharma), and quality departments
- Analytical an/ or laboratory experience (able to interpret lab results)
- Fluent English (written & spoken)
- Knowledge of MS Office and (preferably) SAP
- Knowledge of dairy food products and applications is a big plus
Do you like to be the spider in the web, working in an international, diverse and commercial team?
Be welcome to apply!