On Board Services is seeking a self-directed individual who has demonstrated operational experience with strong awareness of catering operations. Must have a keen sense of operations and a passion for compliance. This individual will work with contracted caterers and be responsible for ensuring a safe, on-time, and compliant catering operation. They must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills that are effective and in line with Rules of the Road. Must be able to communicate upwards and on behalf of the OBS organization and to the OCC. This position will report directly to the General Manager, On-Board Services International.
- Influences catering operations performance by actively problem-solving operational constraints at a system and station level
- Monitors and fully understands all OBS dashboards looking for data trends as problem solving indicators
- Continuous oversight of operational performance and delay and missing item root cause analysis for all assigned catering locations providing immediate insight of delays to OBS leaders
- Will ensure established safety, flight, and kitchen audits supporting continuous improvement are performed and any corrective actions implemented
- Responsible for development of safe and efficient problem-solving plans when responding to food safety or operational impacting incidents
- Be an expert and lead the activation of catering business continuity plans when a level of high impact has been identified
- Manages a diverse region
- Influences without authority to achieve desired operational changes to internal and external customers
- Drives solution-based recommendations and improvements to ensure integrity and success of the catering operation and its processes
- Build staffing schedules (as needed) to cover a 24×7 operation most efficiently
- Reviews / approves miscellaneous catering invoices
- Implement a strategy for FACTs comments with timely responses to Flight Attendants providing closed loop communication
- Serves as a catering SME, POC, and liaison between ACS and IFS field operations, OCC, and OBS leaders
- Immediate responder and liaison to the OCC during all catering incident management events with support of the coordinator team
- Connect and communicate with all station tower personnel (if applicable) regularly with pertinent operational information
- Work cohesively with IFS Crew Assist support teams as needed
- Leader of merit positions with high expectation to problem solve and critical thinking
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with all government regulatory agencies standards including local customs regulations, methods and regulations driven by Delta, TSA, CBP, HACCP, USDA, FDA and International Governments.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
- Works proficiently with tools such as Flight Family, FACTs, IFX, and GP4
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Bachelor or Master degree.
- Thorough knowledge of catering operations and/or food processing/safe handling.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and manage changes relevant to the integrity of the operation.
- LEAN/Six Sigma (Green / Black Belt) or Theory of Constraints background or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- In the possession of EU passport (international travel is required).
- Fluent in English (Dutch is nice to have).
Temporary contract via Nutri-akt for 6 months (with option to extend).