We are looking for a Chemistry Project manager for a Global Food Company.
The position is within the Analytical Excellence team of Specialized Nutrition (SN).
The main mission of the team is to be an efficient business partner by driving programs and processes contributing to reliable results for decision making, ensure the release of safe and compliant products and anticipate on future risks. You will report to Specialized Nutrition Chemistry Leader.
As Chemistry Project Manager, you will:
- Conduct Analytical Chemistry programs and processes for the SN category by validating/verifying of Reference Methods to analyze our SN products
- Be an integrated SN Reference laboratory team member by participating in laboratory projects according to ISO 17025 guidelines (identify, test and develop methods; create, review, and follow SOP and Quality Manual)
- Be a consultant of the Analytical Excellence Program by contributing in the analytical strategy plan to ensure that the Supply Point (SP) laboratories perform according to the Company standards and are using fit for purpose methods for process control and product release (roll out, audits, proficiency tests, troubleshooting support)
- Be connected with preferred external laboratory partners
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Implement and monitor analytical methods for the determination of chemical parameters in SN products
- Coordinate experimental analytical work with state-of-the-art instruments for example: LC-MS/MS, IC, GC, ICP-MS
- Be aware of new trends in analytical chemistry
- Identify new and alternative methods for process control, release and emerging risks
- Be a key contact with analytical expertise for the SP laboratories and R&I
- Coordinate the implementation of new methods in SP laboratories and coordinate the validation/verification studies to ensure method suitability
- Follow inter laboratory comparisons within the Company and support on RCA
- Train, audit and support the Supply Point laboratories worldwide. Set up network
- This role will require you to interface with multi-disciplinary teams and key capabilities in Research & Innovation (R&I), Quality & Food Safety and Supply Points
You are independent and enthusiastic, with experience in food analysis or equivalent and in project management. As a person you are a team player, flexible, collaborative and like to build a strong network.
Next to that:
- A BSc/MSc degree in Food- or Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry
- Knowledge of analytical analysis such as Gas Chromatography (GC-FID, GC-MS), Liquid Chromatography (HPLC-DAD/FLD, LC-MS/MS), Ion Chromatography, ICP-MS
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and method development and validation
- Strong project management skills, from the scoping part to the implementation
- Fulltime (4 days optional)
- Starting a.s.a.p.
- End date June 30
- Contract via Nutri-akt