For a multinational food company we are looking for a Biotechnology Scientist
In this position you will be part of the Biotechnology and Ingredient Discovery team working on biotechnology linked innovations. The general focus of the team is on innovations linked to natural ingredients and value added ingredients that they can make in house or in close cooperation with suppliers.
As a Biotechnology focused Scientist you are responsible for:
- Looking through publications and research to find relative information to implement in experimental set ups.
- Working on improvement of current procedures.
- Working on setting up new biotech pathways.
- Participating in project team setting (on technical aspect).
- Working on new innovations linked to biotechnology.
You are a person who loves to work with people and to be involved in scientific research. You can set up experimental plans and follow through and at the same time be flexible when changes are required.
- MSc in the field of Food technolog, Microbiology and / or Biotechnology
- Knowledge of biotechnology and microbiology is a must
- 1-2 years experience in working in a laboratory setting (experience with fermentation or bioconverion is nice to have)
- Comfortable working in an international and dynamic organization, with various functional disciplines at several locations and a diversity of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Team player and problem solver
- Temporary contract via Nutri-akt for 12 months;
- Fulltime position;
- Start date directly.