For one of our clients (specialised nutrition) we are looking for a Plant Based Research and Innovation project/program Leader. Your objective is to fuel the innovation pipeline for the Plant Based category, defining relevant science and Innovation strategy to meet consumer expectations.
The Innovation roadmap and projects will be worked out in a cross-functional set up (Consumer Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Operations and Finance), with global and local perspective, to anticipate all challenges to reach the market.
Our client is developing nutritional concept, targeting the specific nutritional needs of various targets, to ensure health and well-being, prevent or manage certain health condition. Although first focus is health delivery, it is also becoming more and more important for consumers & patient to use more natural and sustainable solution. With this new consumer aspiration, nutrition solution based on plant are a fast-growing business space, and they want to strengthen their innovation delivery in this specific area, building on strong scientific understanding, to enrich a broad range of product portfolio.
You will be responsible to co-build a consumer centric & science based Plant Based (PB) portfolio that addresses the needs of the Specialised Nutrition (SN) targets , integrating the Specialised Nutrition Plant Based strategy into R&I dedicated programs by:
- translating market and consumer insights into R&I program and innovation pipeline for short and long term
- designing new plant-based product compositions considering the specific nutritional needs of SN targets
- activating existing science and/or generate new evidence, engaging internal Expert H&S or external partners
- building aligned scientific communication partnership with Medical Affairs, you will be responsible for
- Set up and drive the R&I programs/projects and ensure stakeholder alignment in different parts of the organization
- Translate and Leverage existing science and/ or new generated evidence into global communication
- Initiate, set-up and supervise experimental solutions to scientifically substantiate key innovations related to Plant Based and generate IP
- Identify and activate new initiatives (external partnership, experimental innovation design) that can result in differentiating innovation delivery
- Know and follow science, innovation and communication of scientific community and key competitors
We are looking for an experienced scientist with
- An academic degree in nutrition or in a biomedical background
- Good communication skills (English) to interact with internal and external stakeholders and build a network within R&I and cross-functional teams in Specialized Nutrition organization
- Work experience (3y+) in a commercial or medical/therapeutic setting, with ability to translate science for non-scientific audiences
- Innovation mindset
- Flexible and able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment with competing and changing priorities
- Motivated to learn broader aspects of conducting science in a business environment and open to understand the needs of division beyond R&I
- Output focused and pragmatic, but you are also precise, you can work autonomously and have also good collective mindset
Very interesting job focusing on challenging developments of today and working on a sustainable future.