For one of clients (specialized nutrition) we are looking for a Junior Research Assistant.
For the Gut-Brain & Neuroscience team, we are looking for a creative, critical, independent (junior) research technician, who would like to join the Gut-Brain & Neuroscience team.
The preclinical team uses in vitro research to discover new nutritional concepts supporting neurological disabilities. As part of this team, you mainly will be working in our Life Sciences Laboratory on (primary) cell cultures, using immunocytochemistry, fluorescence microscopy and image analysis.
- Bachelor Life Sciences (BSc) or MSc in Biology, Neuroscience/ (neuro-) immunology or related fields
- You are skilled to do experiments independently and experienced in doing (primary) cell cultures
- As an active member of the research team, you are able to gain knowledge of the field through literature survey and to discuss the findings with team members, and in internal lab meetings
- Relevant and demonstrable work experience with immunocytochemistry, fluorescence microscopy and image analysis (High content imaging experience would be preferred)
- Experience in programming (python) and/or using image analysis software (e.g. ImageJ, Cell Profiler) is desirable
- Perform data analysis using standard software packages (e.g. Excel, Graphpad)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic organization, with different functional disciplines and nationalities
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in English
- Strong organizational skills, pro-active, eye for quality and technical insight, analytic and creative mindset, open, enthusiastic and team player
- Starting April 2023 until 31-12-2023
- 40 hours a week
- External contract via Nutri-akt
- We offer you a challenging job in an innovative multinational company with an open and dynamic atmosphere